Hey my lovelies ! Its day 2 of 3 days,3 quotes challenge! yay!! I was nominated by the very sweet Mahnoor shah of moonlightblogs. Thank you so much again ! do check out her blog too .
- Post three consecutive days.
- You can pick three quotes per day.
- Challenge three different bloggers per day.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
― Elbert Hubbard
dziey @ dziey
After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different… And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.
Together we’re stronger… and they know it.
I am struggling to write this review majorly because I have so many emotions whirling around I don’t know where to start. Before I continue with my review let’s just take a second to appreciate the cover ( the guy especially 😛 )
The book starts right where Onyx left. For the first few pages it was slow but really loved the way love bloomed between Daemon and Katy. His protective nature had not budged but he learnt to give her the space. Points for that Daemon. The pain Dawson goes through is understandable and Daemon is doing everything under his alien power to keep him sane. But the credits go to Katy for coming up with ideas that shall actually work. From 40 page or so plot caught on like wildfire.
I had FOUR BIG SHOCKERS in this book .
- BLAKE. Seriously? Him again? I thought he was a good riddance but then he turns up to school as if nothing had happened. Daemon and I did not take this likely. “Daemon curtailed from stabbing and gave the chance to escape. To have a life ! But you BLAKE screw not just yourself but my mind too by making a re-entry. I was better off without your presence in the book”, were my exact thoughts.
- WILL. The mutation didn’t hold as expected and therefore wants his revenge by taking on Katy.
- CARISSA. I never expected this to happen and it still remains a mystery to me.
- The Ending. I was preparing for something similar to second book. Taking on DOD was not a good idea but have to try for Dawson. For Beth. I agree without a casualty there wouldn’t be any teeth clinging moment but …but… does it have to be Katy? Why can’t it be Blake. He moreover deceived them again. At that second I didn’t have to be a Luxen to shoot my rage at him.
Reading this book tapped on my every emotion
- I smiled
- I got angry
- I cried
- I giggled
- I shouted
- I felt happy
- I felt sad
- I felt pity
- I fell for Daemon again
- I freaking loved!
But i did find some loop holes in the story line and unanswered questions. If Dawson had been captured and tortured with Onyx for a year why hasn’t he developed any tolerance ? How did the underworld mafia kid Luc have the power to tamper the DOD’s security ? Did Blake have any feelings for Katy or he just faked it all the while? Who mutated Carissa and why ? ugh.. so many .
I have to admit this book had a huge impact on me and I didn’t want to continue for 3 days not because the story is bad but because it is too good for me to take in.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Is it my fault or am I in a place which sees the world differently. As far as I could remember I have been appreciated among friends, family and teachers throughout school for my good manners. But all that changed when I stepped in my college. The world that I knew off turned topsy-turvy. I was tagged as, “the girl with the attitude” from the very first semester. I didn’t find any difference in me apart from Continue reading
It’s almost like three in the morning, still not fallen a victim of slumber.No particular reason though. The hour when all the buzz and liveliness of the day has taken a break and the silent melody of darkness has engulfed. As the glittering stars light up the canopy of black slain, the nocturnal voices orchestrate the union of me and myself.
Tonight I have decided to Continue reading